Description of Computer Hacking
- Computer hacking involves creating hateful alterations to a program so as to attain a goal which is not the initial intention for which it was created. Someone who carries out these acts is referred to as a Hacker.
- This is normally someone who is a skilled programmer, who views hacking as a talent and a means of putting their skills into use in real life events.
- However, some hackers have more harmful intentions than just showing off their skills, such as stealing confidential data, attaining forbidden access, etc.
- Hacking is a grave setback. Hacking has become greatly enhanced after the inception of internet. This is because it is much easier now to access systems all over the world, provided by this technology.
- The rising utilization of the internet has made hacking more serious nowadays. Hackers are normally young people involved in programming industry, although there are some elderly people involved sometimes.
- Also, accessing any kind of data is easy and this has assisted to enhance skills in hacking. Now, it is not necessary for someone to be a professional programmer to be able to carry out hacking on a computer or personal network.
Dangers of Hacking
Hackers have turned into such experts that even major software companies like Microsoft are in danger, leading to loss of millions of dollars each year. They do not just target giants, but private users are also prone to this danger.
Hackers cause the following problems;
- Stealing of private data.
- Destroying credit.
- Illegal access to personal information.
Precautions to Avoid Hacking
Hacking is a complicated problem, but the procedure of protecting yourself from this crime is easy.
Precautions which are simple can signify the difference between a system which is secure and foolproof and one which is vulnerable.
Below are some guidelines to keep yourself safe from hackers:
- Hackers often look for loopholes in your security. Therefore, it is vital to monitor all the small details so as to acquire a foolproof security for your information and computer.
- Hackers use tools such as Spyware and Virus to make your security weak and secretly transmit your personal data to the wrong people. The ideal way to defeat them is to utilize software for anti-virus and anti-spyware.
- Another effective method is to utilize the latest kinds of software for security and Operating System because they become ineffective over time.
- Utilizing Firewall is also a great method to prevent illegal access to your system. It is also vital to take care when browsing the internet and utilizing emails.
Damage Caused by Hacking
- Every month, more than 500 new worms and viruses are set loose on the internet.
- Of late, 82% of the latest anti-virus users have had a virus infection. In just a few hours, the latest, quick moving viruses can infect very many computers.
- Security firms can take a lot of hours, or even days to build signature for anti-virus, to protect themselves against the latest viruses. At this time, everyone is vulnerable.
- Infection can happen through emails, downloads or instant messenger.